I love Asbury Park. With great places to eat, drink and shop (wink, wink) I find I have a hard time leaving the bubble. Living in a community cultivated around food and drink, I am unashamed to admit that I believe in brunch and cocktail hour is my favorite hour. If I ever go missing, post my photo at Porta on a Sunday so I know my friends will find me. It's safe to say the only thing I love more than the plethora of vegan pizza options are the $5 mimosa carafes served proudly every Sunday and Monday.
Yes, you read that right. Porta does Monday Brunday, which is just one of the many amazing deals AP has to offer. In fact, you can get more bang for your buck every day of the week and still have $ to spend at your favorite boutique.
Let's break it down, shall we?
M-F countless restaurants and bars have traditional specials on food and drink. For your daytime drinkers, Porta does happy hour 12-6PM. From 4-7PM Barrio Costero and Brickwall do drinks and snacks, and Pascal and Sabine cuts the cost of their cocktails from 4-6:30PM.
- Porta: 12-4PM brunch featuring $5 mimosa carafes (bar only)
- Barrio Costero: all night "Daily Escape" featuring $5 margaritas, $6 glasses of wine
- Brickwall: $6 five-piece orders of wings
- Belmontes: 1/2 priced pasta
- Pascal and Sabine: speciality burgers and all night happy hour. You'll find $7 classic cocktails, $5 select wines and $4 beers and most likely... me ;)
- Barrio Costero: 1 marg + 2 tacos for $12
WEDS (Wine Wednesday is a thing at various locations. My two faves?)
- Pascal and Sabine select 1/2 priced bottles
- Talula's 1/2 off select natural wines
- Take the night off of drinking and enjoy 1/2 priced pasta at Belmontes
- If you're really intent on getting your buzz on, we hear Lola's has a new all night happy hour
- Barrio Costero: hits it out of the park again with a 1-5PM Daily Escape
- Pascal and Sabine: 1/2 priced bottles of Veuve Clicquot & Veuve Rosé 11-12PM. Come for the bubbles, stay for the brunch
- Talula's: $5 mimosas
SUN (the holiest of all brunch days)
- Barrio Costero: all-day Daily Escape translates to $5 margs, $5 house wine, $6 sangria
- Talula's: $5 mimosas for those of you who missed out on Saturday
- Pascal and Sabine: $5 bellinis @ the back bar
- Porta: $5 mimosa carafes @ the bar
- Brickwall: $5 Bloody Mary's and mimosas 11-5PM
And let's not forget, you can get a free pizza with your beer at JMacs any night of the week
Written by: Sloane G.